The Laguna and Quezon provinces had seen an outbreak of methanol poisoning on Christmas celebration last year. At least 14 people have died and nearly 500 people were hospitalized after drinking lambanog (traditional Filipino distilled coconut wine) with high methanol content. The Philippine Food and Drug Administration (FDA) confirmed this and urged the public to be wary on purchasing and consuming lambanog and other alcoholic beverages. These products should have proper labels and be registered with the FDA.
According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the most common bacteria that cause food poisoning are Salmonella, Clostridium perfringens, and Campylobacter. Symptoms of food […]